Before getting into wine cellar doors. Let´s talk about wine storage. Wine storage began in the underground wine caves of Europe. These caves provided the consistent storing conditions that allowed wine to age at an elegant pace. By convention, these conditions have become the standard for modern wine cellars: The ideal wine cellar temperature range is 55-58 degrees and 55-75% relative humidity.
Our wine cellar doors work with all interior and exterior wine temperature systems to help maintain these ideal conditions, gracefully aging your wines, and keeping them at their peak for years to come.
Wine Cellar Doors
Wine cellar doors, have become very popular. Their uniqueness look and appearance leave a lasting image in visitors to your home. So, these doors not only set the aesthetic feel but also help in maintaining the optimum environment within the cellar. If you are looking for high quality wine cellar door, Cantera Doors has a large variety of designs right for your home. At Cantera Doors we provide ample types of doors for your wine cellar where you can select or customise your preferred design. Steel and iron are most frequently used today given the many security advantages these materials offer.
Whatever your choice may be, we can custom build and install doors that would make a strong impression in the mind of the visitors. Every time you walk into your cellar to pick out a bottle or show a guest around you would feel proud of the cellar and it´s one of a kind entry door. Our wrought iron wine cellar doors are quite durable but still available at an affordable price as we manufacture all our doors and sell direct to all our clients.
5 Tips for Designing the Best Wine Cellar Doors
To ensure you make the right decision when choosing the door for your cellar, consider the following components:
1. Materials. Although there is a wide variety of materials possible, in most cases wrought iron or steel provide a strong decorative enhancement with added benefits. Durability, strength, security are just a few of the characteristics that iron or steel provide. Combined with glass you have a room and wines to properly showcase.
2. Air Tightness. Your cellar door should have weather stripping around the frame and a sweep on the bottom. Frameless doors should be avoided given they do not provide an airtight seal.
3. Dimensions. Depending on the size of your cellar, you can choose a single door or a grand entrance composed of a single glass or insulated glass panels on one or both sides. This option can add security to your cellar while showing off the splendor of an interior.
4. Security. There are numerous methods of securing your wine cellar with door locks. The simplest method is a standard lock-and-key or deadbolt lock. Newer options include keypad lock or even fingerprint access to secure your investment.
5. Personal Touch. If your choice of door includes iron, you can be as creative as your imagination allows. Your creativity will help you create a safe home for your wines with fit, form, function and beauty that will make you forever proud.
There you have it! Contemporary or classic, we have the wine cellar door that can turn your idea into reality. All our doors are crafted by expert craftsman using traditional and modern state of the art techniques. Cantera Doors is known for using the best quality steel, iron and other quality materials, all built to last and add value to your home and business. If you wish to know more call us for a no obligation, free quote!